Page – Consulting
HOMEWORKS Inc. is often hired in a consulting capacity. We provide several consulting services that aid our clients.
General areas that we offer our expertise in include:
- Diagnosis and solutions to various problems in a home/building
Some examples of problems include: basement wetness, water leaks, plumbing problems, etc.
- Inspection of work quality by a contractor
We inspect and assess the situation to confirm you are receiving good quality workmanship.
- Analysis and preparation of a construction contract
When a contractor is hired the written contract is crucial. We will review a contract between you and the contractor to make sure it is clear, specific and provides for your protection.
- Dispute resolution between you and the contractor
Should conflicts or misunderstandings arise with the contractor, we can act as a mediator and/or advocate between the two parties.
- Summary of priority-based areas in your home/building that require updating or renovating
We can make recommendations of where you will receive the best return on your investment dollars. Also, we can provide a time schedule for when certain maintenance and upkeep should be performed to keep your home/building in optimal condition while minimizing your long term costs.
- Expert witness report and testimony
We can prepare a report to assist in a court case.
- Appearance in court as an expert witness
We can provide expert testimony when required to strengthen a court case.
Our fees for consultation begin at $300.00 for the first hour and $125.00 per hour thereafter, plus 13% HST.
Please call our office for more information based on your specific needs.